Both doctors and scientists working in pathology specialise in a particular area of medicine – a specialty. These include immunology (the study of the body’s immune system and its disorders) and toxicology (the study of how chemical, physical or biological substances affect the body).
Pathologists and consultant clinical scientists couldn’t prevent disease or diagnose patients without the expertise of other professionals in key supporting roles.
The route you take will shape the roles you’re able to work in, but there are crossover opportunities for both. Both medically and scientifically qualified pathologists provide expert advice to medical teams treating patients and are involved in organisational management and research.
To train as a consultant oral and maxillofacial pathologist requires a background in dentistry. You’ll need to complete specialty training in oral and maxillofacial pathology, which is overseen by the General Dental Council (GDC).
In an emergency? Need help now?
You can contact us at any time, we are also available 24/7Make an Appointment Now
Society for Cellular Pathology Scientists of Nigeria (SCPSN) is a Nigeria based scientific interest group for Cellular Pathology Scientists open primarily to Medical Laboratory Scientists (MLS) who specializes in Histopathology / Cytopathology and others with proven interest in the mission of the Society to 'Raise globally acknowledged Cellular Pathology Scientists in the fields of histopathology, cytopathology, genetics and forensic science'. The Society was formed in Ilorin city, Kwara State, Nigeria in 2007 at the annual Scientific conference of the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria (AMLSN) with Mr. Joseph Ogunwuyi as the first President. Prof. Godwin Avwioro led the body from 2016-2020. Dr. Jonathan Madukwe was the Acting President from December, 2020 to October, 2021 until elected President on Friday, 15th October, 2021 at the 6th Scientific conference/ Workshop at Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Other elected leaders are:
- Vice President: MLS Bankole Julius Kayode
- Secretary: MLS Raphael E. Teme
- Asst. Secretary: MLS Scavar Innocent Ikechukwu Okoye
- Treasurer: MLS Habiba Audu
- Publicity Secretary: MLS Benard Solomon
- Financial Secretary: MLS Dee Emmanuel
- Welfare Officer: MLS Martha Akpanumoh
- Auditor: MLS Abdulganiy Zakariya Ubadullah
The Society conducts annual workshops, conferences and seminars for her members. The Society recently has been collaborating with the Korean Association of Cytotechnologists, Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria, Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria and the West African Post Graduate College of Medical Laboratory Science on preparation of members for the International Cytology Academy (IAC) examinations in Nigeria, the first time in Africa.
1. Abstract submission period for the African Society for Clinical Cytology Annual Meeting 2022 is available from April 1st - August 31st, 2022.
2. Please use the provided template for abstract click here to download. The abstract must be arranged in constructed fashion including title, background, method, results, and conclusion, and should not exceed 250 words. The language must be English or French. Symbols are allowed to be used.
3. The abstract must be submitted to [email protected]
4. An email notification for the acceptance or rejection will be sent before September 14th, 2022.
5. After acceptance of the abstract, the author must register to the meeting.
6. On the date of submission, the abstract must not have been published elsewhere.
Guideline for E-poster preparation
1. Poster format: PowerPoint. The author must use the provided template from SCPSN website click here to download.
2. Heading: The poster title, Authors, Co-authors, institution, institution logo, and country should be placed at the top of the poster.
The 2nd International congress 2022 Flyer
Details of the Event:
- Theme: Strengthening Laboratory Capacity in Africa towards the Prevention and diagnosis of Lung Cancer
- Date: 27th - 30th 2022.
- Venue: ABUJA
- All abstract should be submitted to this email address - [email protected]
- Abstract submission deadline : Wednesday 31st, August 2022.
- For Payment details Click Here
- For Inquiries Call : +234 8097125214, +234 8094408308
- MedicalLabouratory Scientists
- For better recognition locally and internationally.
- Researchers On GIT
- Easy dissemination of information among the members
The 2nd International congress 2022 Flyer
SCPSSN 2022 CONFERENCE PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION
After successful payment you will be redirected to registration page
GASTRO - INTESTINAL TRACT IN THE GARDEN
Dealing with diagnostic dilema of GI pathology
Keeping abreast with fluid guidelines
Focusing on comon cases with confidence
Getting acquainted with rare cases
Emerging diagnostic trends,changing landscapes and Technology Platforms
You can contact us right away!!
Department of Medical Labouratory Science,
River States University,